Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Merrywell, Southbank by Obelix

I was playing third wheel on the Bureaucrat's and the Lawyer's Sunday jaunt along Southbank and surrounds.  Which didn't really bother me as I had this to keep me content: 



This being an American Burger at Merrywell ($17).  It featured a juicy beef patty and pulled pork.  To give you an idea of just how juicy, I had to roll up my sleeves and was figuratively (or literally?) licking my forearms.  Suffice to say, I enjoyed it. We ordered a side serve of chips and onion rings to share ($8).  The chips seemed to have a floury or semolina-like coating on them for extra crunch. 

The Bureaucrat ordered herself a kitschily named 'sammich' with Philly Cheesesteak on gluten free bread.  She reported back that it was a little bland. 

The Lawyer had for himself a sammich also, filled with fried buttermilk chicken.  He reported back the chicken was well executed - he could taste the buttermilk and the batter was crisp and adhered well to the tender chicken meat. 

It would seem churlish not to order an icecream float in an Americana restaurant so the Bureaucrat and Lawyer split a iced chocolate one between them.  I stuck to a more virtuous coconut water to negate the burger I just inhaled. 


Verdict:  We liked it. 

Overall
Merrywell is a bit of kitsch and a bit of fun.  The burgers are slightly more dearer than your average burgers but it seemed like the pick of the bunch compared to their other offerings. 

Click to add a blog post for The Merrywell on Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...