Monday, February 15, 2016

50 Acres, Richmond by Bureaucrat

The interior of 50 Acres reminds me of Charlie Foxtrot - somehow the expansive use of cold, grey concrete appears warm and inviting - it's industrial chic with heart.


My first visit to 50 Acres was solo.  And it was an opportunity to pick something that was wickedly good.  I could have picked a proper lunch dish but when I saw the pumpkin pancakes with candied walnuts and orange compote on the menu, I thought, YOLO.  And in my defense, the pumpkin is full of beta-carotene, oranges are packed with vitamin C, and the walnuts are a healthy non-animal source of protein.  I loved the generous stack of gorgeous, fluffy pancakes.  I also loved the orange compote.  The candied walnuts were nice but way too sweet for me.


The next time round, I brought the Lawyer for a very late lunch.  To say that I inhaled my vegetarian breakfast burrito is an understatement.  It was perfect for a growling stomach.  A satisfying, hefty bundle of soft tortilla that was crammed full with softly scrambled eggs, avo, salsa and black beans.


I usually don't order breakfast burritos but I'm glad I did here.  It was simple but just oh-so-tasty.  I'd definitely would order this again. My compliments to the chef!


The Lawyer opted for the big breakfast, and he was equally enamoured with the flavour and quality. It was evident that super fresh ingredients were used.  We loved the tender spinach, the proper bacon and sausage.  I also loved the little potato cake.  The Lawyer licked his plate clean.


He also got a latte.




Verdict

We loved it
We loved it.

Overall

A great cafe - totally love the food and the service here.  Can't wait to go back!  Definitely worth checking out when you're shopping for bargains on Bridge Road.

Find it at

50 Acres
65 Bridge Road, Richmond
Telephone: 9421 0296

Fifty Acres Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...